Sunday, September 24, 2006
Chocolate Charlotte Cake
about 22 sponge fingers
9 oz plain chocolate
150ml whipping cream
4 eggs, separated
150g sugar *
1. Line the base of a 7 or 8-inch tin with baking paper. Then, line the sides of the tin with the sponge fingers. **
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming hot water. Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
3. Whisk the egg whites in another bowl, till standing in stiff peaks. Gradually add sugar and whisk again till stiff.
4. Add egg yolks to the chocolate cream mixture and combine. Then, add the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine thoroughly. Take care not to knock out all the air.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and chill for at least 5 hours.
6. When ready to serve, let the cake stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Credit : http://www.bimandruth.com