Sunday, September 24, 2006
Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkum bap)
Ingredients (Serves 1)
Rice for one person,
2 stalks of kimchi,
1/4 of onion,
50g of minced pork,
3 roots of green onion,
1 teaspoon of ground garlic,
1 teaspoon of soy sauce,
1 tablespoon of sesame salt,
1 teaspoon of sesame oil,
salt, pepper powder, cooking oil
1. It is better to use a little under-cooked rice, or if there is any, cold rice.
2. Take out the insides of kimchi and cut them into small pieces.
3. Chop onions and green onions into small bits and mince the garlic.
4. Season the minced pork with soy sauce, minced garlic and pepper powder.
5. Saute the pork with cooking oil in frying pan. When the pork is cooked, put the onion and kimchi and cook more.
6. After five minutes, put in the minced garlic and green onion. Cook a little more and turn off the heat. Mix well after.
7. After mixing kimchi and pork with rice, turn on the heat again and taste with salt and pepper. Finally put a little bit of sesame salt and sesame oil.
8. Put the rice into the dish and sprinkle sesame salt. It maybe served with crushed toasted seaweed.
◈ Cooking Point ◈
If you keep cooking in high temperature, rice and spices can burn easily, so it is important to control the heat well.
credit : Korean Infogate