Sunday, September 24, 2006
Pork Ribs BBQ (Toeji kalbi kui)
1.8kg pork ribs,
2 tablespoons of ginger juice,
3 tablespoons of clear strained rice wine for sauce
8 tablespoons of chili paste, 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of ground garlic,
1/2 cup of chopped green onion,
sesame salt, pepper, sesame oil
1. Cut the ribs into 6-7cm lengths. Take off the fat and tough muscles. put the knife in to the bones and then flat out the muscle attached to the bone. Make knife marks on the meat.
2. Marinate the prepared pork in clear strained rice wine and ginger juice.
3. Prepare the sauce by mixing chili powder, soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, green onion, sesame salt, pepper and sesame oil in chili paste.
4. Marinate the prepared pork from 2. with sauce from 3.
5. Grill the pork in high heat by turning it often. To make sure it is thoroughly cooked, lower the heat and cook slowly.
6. It is a good idea to cook some whole garlics with it.
◈ Cooking Point ◈
Pork ribs are usually cooked spicy with chili paste, but for a simpler taste, after marinating the meat in rice wine and ginger juice, marinate in 'bul-go-gi' sauce. If the meat is cooked slowly in low heat, the meat becomes tough, so cooking quickly in high heat is better.