Friday, August 15, 2008

Bobby's @ CHIJMES

While planning for this year's gathering, this was one of the places which we were seriously considered using. But for practical reasons, we chose our alternative choice.
Was back at Bobby's Taproom.Grill.Ribs for a casual dinner with my friends and my, the food, especially the BBQ ribs and pizza are really delicious. We were told that a second outlet was scheduled to open @ Cuppage in September. A quick check from the website and realised that they had a 'soft opening' on 2 Sep.

There's also Happy Hours for drinks from Sunday to Friday, 5pm to 8pm. Beer and selected alcoholic drinks are at $10nett.
We shared the Buffalo Wings. Looks are deceiving... though it does not look extremely appetising, I do like it very much. It has cripsy skin and juice meat... of cos, best to eat it while hot. It was so delicious that I forgot to dip into the mayo sauce.


I ordered the Bobby's wood-fired pizza which was huge. I guess it was at least 12 inches in diameter. It came in 8 slices and I thought it would be achievement if I could finish 4 slices while I have the other 4 slices to my friends. Boy, and I did finish all 4 slices!!!
The pizza filling was quite simple - tomato, cheese and BBQ pork.
 
So some unpleasant reason, the restaurant gave us a slice of their brownie with ice-cream as their token. The warm chocolate brownie came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream covered with a THICK layer of fresh cream and chocolate mousse, sprinkled with crushed peanuts.

Overall, it was a very satisfying dinner! Can't wait for another dinner at Bobby's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...