Korean Potato Pancake is one delicious dish that I really really like! Gonna learn how to cook it!
1 pound peeled potato
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup water
¼ cup chopped Asian chives
red and hellow bell pepper, slice into 1 inch strips
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
a pinch of roasted sesame seeds
1. Cut the peeled potato into small chunks and add to a food processor
2. Add water, chopped chives, and salt. Blend it well until creamy puree
3. Put the mixture in a strainer over a bowl to strain. Press it down with a spoon gently so that the starch water will go through the strainer.
4. Put the strained potato mixture in a bowl
5. Wait for 1 minute for the starch to sink in the bowl
6. Pour out the water to get the starch. Add the starch to the potato mixture and stir with a spoon.
1. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat
2. Add a few drops of vegetable oil and spoon the mixture and place it on the pan. Spread it nicely to make about 2 inch disks. Repeat this to fill it your pan depending on your pan size.
3. When the bottom part starts a little light brown, turn it over.
4. And add the garnish strips and press it in with a spatular. Cook about 1 minute until the bottom part turns golden brown.
5. Turn it over and cook 10 seconds so that the top part won't brown.
6. Transfer it to a serving plate. Repeat it. You will get about 10 pancakes
Combine soy sauce, vinegar and sprinkle sesame seeds in a small bowl.
Serve hot with the dipping sauce