Was into the baking mood after tasting Mummy Lian's Devil's Food Cake. It was so yummy that I forgot to take a pic.
SMART ger also had a try in baking over Labour Day... that's her Raisin Cookie. Taste not bad too... it is the chewy type of cookie.
Since my oven has been left idling for some time, I decide to make Butter Cookies last night. Oh boy... it was 2am+ by the time I cleared up.
Since I did not have any Mixer, it was pure manual labour trying to cream the butter and sugar till fluffy. My arms are slightly aching now.
See my cookies with almond and cashew nuts? Looks good? But in actual fact, it wasnt as good as it looks. As the dough was too big thick, the center sections of the cookies were still moist. But R and I still ate them anyway.
Bought a mixer today and it definitely made work lighter and faster :) Finished baking at 12am+ a while ago.
Decided to improvise a little, and so I added cocoa powder and turned the butter cookie recipe into chocolate cookie recipe.
The cookies are much smaller learning from yesterday's lesson.
See the 3 dark dark cookies? They are further improvised into Cashew Choco Cookies and Almond Choco Cookies.
Anyone wants to try?
Here's the recipe:
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Cover dough, and chill for at least one hour. Chill cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Press dough out onto ungreased, chilled cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Source : www.bakery.sg