My first attempt in cooking Claypot Sausage Rice. This is a relatively easy dish to prepare. However, just like preparing many other dishes, the most amount of time is spent in cutting the ingredients =P
- Cooked Rice (portion for 2 persons)
- 1 piece of chinese sausage (lup cheong)
- 150g of chicken breast meat
- 1 piece of chinese dried mushroom
- 1/3 piece of carrot
- 1/2 tablespoon Sweet Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce
- A few drops of Sesame Oil
- A dash of Pepper
1. Cut the chicken breast meat into cubes. Season it with marinade for 1 hour.
2. Soak the mushroom in hot water for 10mins to soften it. When it is soft, cut into cubes.
3. Slice the chinese sausage into thin slices.
4. Slice the carrots and steam it for 1 minute in microwave oven.
1. Heat up cooked rice in claypot. Add some water to give it moisture
2. When it is heated up, add in chicken and sauage and continue cooking until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
3. Add in carrots.
4. Simmer the rice until carrots turn soft.
During the cooking process, stir the rice often so that it doesn't get burnt.