Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Food Republic (Vivocity) - Fried Hokkien Mee

Food Republic
1 HarbourFront Walk,
#03-01 VivoCity
Singapore 098585

I always wonder why there are long queues at the fried hokkien mee stalls, especially those with crews dressing up with straw hats. Can anyone tell me what is the relation between straw hats and fried hokkien mee and... banana leaves? Does banana leaves really enhance the fragrance of the fried noodles?

For $4.50 (not cheap!), the portion was rather huge. However, I must say that I am quite disappointed with the food quality. The "essence from the prawn stock" hasn't been fully absorbed into the noodles...What I could taste was ordinary yellow noodles and thick rice noodles garnished with a couple of big prawns. Even the sambal chilli, which I asked for extra portion, was a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...